Are you looking for the best GPS for the motorcycle in the market?
If yes, don’t be in a hurry looking for just any GPS device before having first-hand information on what you really need.
The choice of your ideal motorcycle GPS device depends largely on how you are going to use it. Whether it is for long or short trips, you should settle for the device that suits your needs in terms of durability, efficiency in navigation and with a long-lasting battery life.
In this article, we shall review the best ten top-notch motorcycle GPS in the market so you can easily decide on which one suits your needs.
Best Motorcycle GPS List 2019
|GPS Name||Screen Size||Waterproof||Bluetooth|
| Garmin Zumo 395LM|
| Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT||7.0-inch||No||Yes|
|TomTom Rider 550||5.0-inch||No||No|
|Garmin Nuvi 57LM||5.0-inch||No||No|
|TomTom VIA 1525SE||5.0-inch||No||No|
|BMW Motorrad Navigator V||5.0-inch||No||Yes|
|Garmin Zumo 396||4.3-inch||Yes||Yes|
|Garmin Zumo 665LM||4.3-inch||Yes||Yes|
1. Garmin Zumo 395LM – The Best Motorcycle GPS 2019
Garmin Zumo 395L is your ultimate guide on your mission to conquer the roads without worries.
That being said..
..What are the key features that make Garmin Zumo 395L your preferred motorcycle GPS?
- Garmin Zumo 395LM has a glove-friendly and sunlight readable touchscreen display (4.3-inch).
- The screen is resistant to vapors from fuel, ultraviolet rays, and harsh weather conditions.
- The device has an adventurous routing to enable you to find curvy or hilly routes
- There are rider alerts to inform you of sharp corners, helmet laws and also speed cameras among others
- Inbuilt Bluetooth device to make calls while riding along
- Control music from the sources such as MP3 players and smartphones.
The Garmin Zumo 395LM device is built with the latest technology to let you have a safe ride. With the adventurous routing, the device will enable you to overcome all the obstacles as you maneuver sharp curves, change the speed in time and many more. In addition, you get notified of the state helmet laws or rather when taking the wrong direction on a one-way street.
What about when approaching the street lights? The Garmin Zumo 395LM has a cutting-edge technology that enables you to receive an alert for nearby red lights and speed cameras.
If that is not enough, the device is capable of informing you when you need to take a break after a long and tedious ride. Thanks to the fatigue warning feature that will notify you when necessary.
Perhaps you are on a mission to discover places of interest as you ride along; the Zumo Up Ahead feature will be helpful in discovering some interesting spots along the way. Besides, it will keep you posted on milestones along the route as well as letting you adjust your route.
The glove-friendly touchscreen is built to give you a landscape view or a portrait mode as you ride along.
Above all, the transreflective technology minimizes glare by giving the touchscreen a bright crisp color display to make you have an easy time when viewing it in sunlight.
The Garmin Zumo 395LM is an ideal device that can help you in navigation while riding a motorcycle. From the features and its design, the device is capable of keeping you safe and informed of anything pertaining to traffic laws and the environment you are riding your motorcycle.
- The GPS mounts well on the motorcycle
- A visible screen in the sunlight
- Easy to operate
- Can be used in various environments
- Compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices
- Red light and speed camera warnings may not apply in all regions
- You need a Bluetooth compatible helmet
- The fatigue warning takes a while to activate
2. Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT – Motorcycle GPS with Bluetooth
Its voice command feature is incorporated in the device to enable you to navigate efficiently.
The Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT is a state of the art navigation tool that you should not afford to miss it.
What makes Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT rise above the occasion? Here are the answers:
- Design: The GPS device has a simple design with a seven-inch display that you can pinch to zoom. The glass screen has a friendly user interface to enable you to operate it with ease.
- Free lifetime traffic avoidance: The map display on the screen prevails with the current changes on the streets or highways
Junction view in real time: The GPS navigator is equipped with the photo real junction view feature that lets you have all details.
- Voice-activated command: You can easily control the device at the command of your voice. This gives enough time to use your hands to control your ride.
- Bluetooth: This magnificent wireless technology enables you to easily connect with other Bluetooth devices for hands-free calling or listening to music.
- Active lane guidance: To facilitate your navigation.
Build and Design
Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT is designed primarily to make your navigation much easier. The display from the 7″ screen has a pinch to zoom feature that helps you access on-screen information closely.
There is Foursquare that allows you to find addresses as well as millions of points of interest (POI). This is a new way to discover restaurants and other amenities on your route.
789LMT has a Garmin traffic feature to help you have your driving map on the screen as you ride along. Also, you are able to receive traffic alerts and messages from the voice command prompt on the screen.
With German Nuvi 2789LMT, you can never get lost. The device is designed with an automotive navigation that does not rely on cellular signals to find your way. This implies that you can still find directions where there is no mobile network coverage.
In addition, you can easily find your exact destination using Direct Access feature that selects complex destinations for you within a larger location. In fact, the feature can help you navigate through complex places to find your way out.
Garmin Nuvi 2789 LMT is a GPS device that you need especially when venturing in those locations you are not familiar with.
- Perfect screen size for detailed display
- Ideal in any weather conditions
- Easy to use
- Garmin Nuvi updates
- Does not come with the car charger.
- Reflective screen
- Prone to malfunction
3. TomTom Rider 550 – Google Now and Siri Compatible
The GPS device comes with advanced features that define its excellent performance.
It is fully equipped with the Wi-Fi connectivity and cutting-edge technology in many of its features.
What makes it popular?
- Personalized Path: It makes it easier for you to find an appropriate route in winding and hilly areas. The feature can assist you in taking a direct route to save your time.
- Google Now and Siri Compatibility: This feature allows you to unlock all great benefits of your smartphone when on the road. It uses the compatibility aspect of the GPS to let you answer to calls, listen to your music and navigate easily.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: The feature helps you to connect easily to Wi-Fi so you can enjoy using the internet and get the best updates that the GPS device needs.
- Full Screen: The 5” screen is quite handy in making sure that you see everything popping up on the screen without straining your eyes.
- Long lasting battery life: The battery that comes with the TomTom 550 is capable of serving you for long hours while enjoying your ride.
Build and Design
The TomTom 550 sturdy built will enable you to navigate in all types of environmental conditions without breaking down. As a result, you can take a ride with the TomTom 550 in any weather conditions, sunlight and other extreme situations without worrying about its functional ability.
The five-inch touchscreen is glove-friendly and sunlight readable so you can easily view detailed information on the display regardless of the prevailing weather conditions. The screen, however, is designed with bright light to let you see what it displays even in bright sunlight.
The GPS device is built with an internal memory of 16 gigabytes (GB) to store as much information as you possibly can. If not enough, you can back up the memory through the SD slot available on the device.
The rechargeable Lithium Ion battery has an outstanding lifetime of up to six hours of autonomous operation while taking your ride.
Most significantly, the device is designed with an already installed regional map with more options to download other maps from around the globe absolutely free. This is possible through the My Drive connect application which makes it easier for you to access and download maps.
Final WordThe TomTom 550 is a well built and designed GPS device you can trust when taking your motorcycle ride in hilly and winding areas. Above all, it works perfectly in all weather conditions.
- Excellent Wi-Fi connectivity
- Top quality battery
- Availability of Updated maps and POIs.
- A bright and responsive screen display
- Minimal mounting options
- Does not work with the update software
4. Garmin Nuvi 57LM – Easy to Use GPS for Motorcycle
You don’t need cellular signals when using it because it is fully designed to work in all regions including cellular dead zones.
The device can be mounted either vertically or horizontally with the help of a suction cup mount that keeps it firmly attached at one place. The following key features make Nuvi 57LM an ideal GPS device for your motorcycle.
- A Dual-orientation display: The GPS device has a 5-inch dual orientation screen for easy use while navigating.
- Detailed maps: Nuvi 57LM comes with fully installed detailed maps of the lower forty-nine U. S states with a free lifetime map updates. The gadget can clearly show you up-to-date maps, points-of-interest (POI) and useful navigation information. You can download free maps on the device absolutely free.
- Garmin real directions: The Nuvi 57LM has a “spoken turn-by-turn directions” that comes with Garmin Real Directions to guide you all along. The easy to understand driving direction guide uses notable landmarks to direct you to your destination.
- Foursquare: Makes it easier for you to find addresses and a number of POIs and other destinations.
- Direct access: This feature is designed to help you find target destination, additional location information and finding a specific place within a larger location.
- Lane assist: Nuvi 57LM is equipped with a lane assist that allows you to view upcoming junctions and also guides you to your proper lane.
- Backup camera compatibility; It has an option of pairing with a wireless but compatible camera for easier navigation( the Germin Nuvi backup camera is sold separately)
Design and build
The Nuvi 57LM is designed with a five-inch dual orientation display that allows you to view detailed information on a glove-friendly touchscreen as you move around. When it comes to directions, you will find spoken turn-by-turn useful in guiding you while navigating in places you have never been before.
The GPS device is built with easy to use and dedicated GPS navigators that will still work well in areas not covered by cellular signals.
You will find already installed detailed maps on this device and other options you can use to download more maps when necessary.
If you are riding your motorcycle to a new location, you need Nuvi 57LM to guide you via the inbuilt spoken turn-by-turn feature that gives you direction.
- Easy to use GPS navigator
- Detailed maps
- Garmin real directions that guide you
- Foursquare to help you find places of interest
- Software installation failure
5. TomTom VIA 1525SE – Cheap Motorcycle GPS
With the search menu, you will find the direction to your destination with ease.
On the other hand, the advanced lane guidance is designed to prepare you when at the exit and intersections by giving you clear highlights of the correct driving lane you can take for your planned route.
The following features explain why you need TomTom VIA1525SE for your navigation while riding your favorite motorcycle.
- A 5-inch touchscreen; Very useful to display clear and vital information. The screen displays the menu which helps you in finding your destination. You can either use a search menu or simply touch a point on the displayed map on the screen.
- Lifetime traffic updates: To inform you of the prevailing traffic situation and if possible direct you to a route that will save your time.
- Lifetime map updates: The GPS device comes with already installed maps of the US. Alternatively, you can download free map updates when necessary.
- Free software updates: It allows you to connect to your computer to update software free of charge. It also enables you to download other useful navigation features
- Advanced lane guidance: This feature is useful when trying to find your lane and it also prevents you from taking a wrong lane at the junction
Build and design
The VIA 1525SE is built with a 5-inch touchscreen that is glove-friendly thus enabling you to operate it with ease. In addition, the screen is designed to display information clearly when using it where there is sunlight.
With the eight GB internal memory, you can download applications and other navigation features that you may find useful with the device. Besides, there’s a microSD slot that you can use to insert your memory card when you want to expand storage space on the GPS device.
The Battery life is up to one hour of autonomous operation, which is enough time to move from one location to the other. Finally, the device comes with an easily reversible mount to hold it firmly in place.
The VIA 1525 SE is a perfect GPS device if you want an easy to use but intuitive navigation to find your destination.
- Easy to operate
- Nice and compact in design
- Large and accurate screen
- Clear and high resolution
- Some POIs are missing
- Incorrect destination
- Unclear directions
- Slow touch screen
6. Garmin DriveSmart 60 NA LMT – Motorcycle GPS Waterproof
If you want a GPS navigation device with advanced smart features, reach out to Garmin DriveSmart 60 NA LMT. You will find a number of useful features that the device comes with it as you take your rides.
You can image receiving constant but useful alerts for your frequent commute while talking to Garmin DriveSmart. What about a free lifetime traffic avoidance to reach your destination faster by escaping the ever annoying traffic?
In this post, we shall highlight some of the key features that you will find helpful regarding Garmin DriveSmart GPS navigation device.
- A 6-inch display touchscreen: It is designed to help you navigate with ease with the help of a dual-orientation feature displayed on the screen. At the same time, you can pinch to zoom in order to view detailed information on a bright and clear screen.
- Detailed Maps: The device comes with already installed maps of North America with an absolutely free lifetime map updates as well as a lifetime traffic.
- Bluetooth: When paired with a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, you will be able to make hands-free calls with the help of a voice-activated navigation system.
- Driver alerts: This feature is quite handy in keeping you conscious and aware of the upcoming sharp corners, school zones, and your speed.
- Customized smartphone notifications: It displays calls, texts among other applications alerts on the navigation screen.
Build and design
The Garmin DriveSmart is a compact designed gadget with a number of inbuilt features that assist you when navigating. With the latest advancement in technology, you can control this GPS device at the command of your voice while your hands stay safe on the wheel.
On the hand, the device is built to connect with your compatible smartphone via the smartphone link mobile app. The application can give you real-time information regarding weather as well as traffic conditions
Finally, Garmin DriveSmart GPS device is built to keep you safe by providing alerts that encourage you to drive safely. The device can notify you while riding your motorcycle in the wrong direction. At the same time, you can receive alerts of the nearby red light and speed camera for sudden halts if necessary.
The Garmin DriveSmart GPS device is designed with the latest technology to make navigation easier. If you can access the device, you will worry less about your adventures.
- Compact design
- Voice command
- Easy to use
- Free map updates
- A little more costly
- The screen could be brighter
7. BMW Motorrad Navigator V – GPS With The Local & Country Map
You don’t have to be a North America to enjoy the great benefits that come with BMW Motorrad Navigator. The device can be used anywhere by downloading maps for a given area absolutely free.
The GPS features one of the largest display screens among the motorcycle global positioning system (GPS) devices today. What are the key features?
- Screen display: Navigator V features a 5-inch display touch screen with an 800 by 480 pixels in resolution. The TFT display has 65 thousand colors for quality and detailed display. The screen is very sensitive and it is glove-friendly making it easy to use while navigating through the menus.
- High Resolution: The high-resolution screen is ideal for the display of your maps and it gives a good viewing experience.
- On the other hand, the crystal clear screen enables you to have a better view of the images and figures during daytime rides. The screen is anti-glare and can be viewed from any angle.
- MicroSD Slot: The device supports the Micro SD memory cards with storage space of up to 64 GB.
- Lifetime map updates: The GPS device comes with a free map updates when you purchase it. The presence of maps saves you from spending extra cash installing maps in the device.
Build and Design
The Navigator V is a state of the art global positioning system (GPS) navigation device that has undergone various upgrades to stay ahead of the game. The gadget is designed with the mount cradle and a bike mount that can fit on various motorcycles when mounting it to stay firmly in place.
The pre-loaded North American Maps are an added advantage if that is your location but you can still use the device anywhere by downloading maps for your region free of charge.
With the large storage capacity of 8GB, you can never fail to store all the routes you need prior to taking your trip.
Finally, the wireless Bluetooth can enable you to connect the device with the helmet or headset for hands-free calls or even listening to music from a Bluetooth enabled smartphone as you enjoy your ride.
The Navigator V is what you need when your desire is to have a GPS Navigation device with clear screen resolution and enough memory to store all your routes.
- Premium and high-end GPS
- Easy user interface with the touchscreen
- Free updates
- Clear screen display even in the sunshine
- Fast in calculating the route
- A little more costly
8. Garmin Zumo 396 LMT-S – Best Motorcycle GPS off Road
You can spice up the game through the addition of a few selected maps while the device lets you pair up with a number of different devices among them the GPS or a smartphone to have a more fulfilling and delightful trip.
That being said, let’s look at the key features that make Garmin Zumo LMT-S a better choice for group rides.
- Bluetooth: The device comes with a Bluetooth that is compatible with almost all devices. The GPS gadget gives room for multiple pairs up with smartphones while on a group road trip to enable everyone to listens to music, radio or take calls and check messages.
- Driver alerts: The GPS navigator system will let you have constant alerts to encourage safe driving or riding. Additionally, the device alerts you of what is coming ahead which may include sharp curves, railroad crossing, changes in speed among others.
- High-quality display: The touch screen display is of very high quality and it is resistant to fuel vapors, hostile weather conditions, climatic changes and the ultraviolet rays. The screen, however, is glove-friendly making it easy to operate while riding at the same time.
- Garmin adventurous routing: Helps you to know the conditions ahead on the route especially when finding roads in curvy and hilly regions.
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi: For various updates without using a computer.
Built and design
The Garmin Zumo LMT-S is built with a fuel detector to alert you when running out of this essential commodity. The sensor is designed to let you know the nearest gas filling stations, mechanic shops and many more.
The screen size is 4.3 inches designed to display high-resolution images on the bright crystal clear touchscreen. The screen is bright enough to allow you to view details in the glaring sunlight and at various angles.
The device is light in weight and compact in its design which makes it ideal to move around with it. Apart from that the GPS navigation, the device is designed to enable you to have an access to the free live services for traffic and prevailing weather conditions through a smart link application.
The Garmin Zumo LMT-S is recommended GPS navigation gadget that you will find more applicable while taking an adventurous ride with a group of friends. This is attributed to the unique features that make it suitable when on a group trip.
- Outstanding rugged design
- Excellent battery life
- Easy to operate
- A friendly interface
- Top quality navigation features
- Connectivity issues with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
9. Koolertron V.912S – Motorcycle GPS with Mount
The device has excellent mounting options with a highly resistant compact design to give that enjoyment and security you deserve. With the Koolertron, you don’t have to worry about whether or climatic conditions.
The device is outstanding and reliable if you are a biker with a passion for nature. Here is the reason why Koolertron is versatile.
- Versatile Power options: The GPS device works perfectly for either large vehicles or motorcycles without any technical hitch.
- The main reason for its being versatile is the fact that it comes with two cables you can easily connect to the cigarette lighter in your car or motorcycle. In addition, Koolertron has many mounting options.
- Resistance: The device is water resistant up to one meter when immersed in water for duration of thirty minutes. The sturdy construction allows the GPS device to be used in any environment without a problem
- Great storage: Koolertron can store up to 4GB of data making it ideal to download and store maps before going on a trip. In case your device runs out of internal storage, you can always use a micro SD to expand the memory.
- Bluetooth: With Bluetooth, you can pair up with other Bluetooth enabled devices to answer hands-free calls. When connected with the GPS, you will be in a position to enhance its use of hands-free effectively with an echo cancellation to receive high-quality sound.
- User-friendly Interface: Should you get stuck while using some tricky software, Koolertron friendly user interface will not disappoint you. All you need to do is just the settings and everything fall into place.
Built and design
The Koolertron comes with a 4.3-inch touchscreen that provides you with a user-friendly interface with two power cables you can use to connect to the car cigarette lighter port or the motor bike’s battery.
Due to its water-resistance ability, the GPS device can be used while raining or snowing. The device is well built and its compact design makes it applicable to various terrains and weather conditions.
The Koolertron GPS navigation device is a versatile gadget that you can use on any size of motor vehicle or motorcycle without making any adjustments. You will not need to purchase another GPS device when you have Koolertron because it can serve you better in any capacity.
- Well designed
- Excellent Bluetooth connectivity
- Water and moisture resistant
- Convenient memory storage
- It is likely to drain the motorcycle battery faster if not switched off.
10.Garmin Zumo 665LM – Motorcycle GPS with XM Radio
For a seasoned motorcycle rider, you need not look farther when Garmin Zumo 665LM GPS for the motorcycle is within your reach.
The GPS device is a unique navigation tool with a Sirius XM Satellite radio to access more than 140 channels of programming as you traverse terrains in any given region.
The GPS navigation device has more features that make it an ideal choice if you love adventurous trips away from your home.
Here are the key features that make Garmin Zumo 665LM a better option for you.
- Display screen: The Garmin Zumo 665LM comes with a 4.3-inch touchscreen. The screen is glove-friendly and it has crystal clear and bright surface to display high-resolution images and figures.
- Its brightness makes it perfect in displaying detailed information when exposed to sunshine so you may not have difficulties when viewing information.
- Lifetime map updates: The GPS navigation includes free map updates to give you up-to-date information regarding different regions as they appear in real time with points of interest.
- Bluetooth: With the Bluetooth wireless technology, you can connect your GPS device with your mobile phone and also, to the Bluetooth enabled headset or helmet to allow you to communicate at ago.
- Entertainment center: The Garmin Zumo 665LM has an onboard MP3 player with an advanced Bluetooth technology so you can enjoy high-quality stereo sound while listening to SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
- Lane assist: This feature allows you to view the upcoming details of the junction and also directs you to your preferred lane when riding.
- In-built Computer. The built-in trip computer has a compass display to assess your position and know the direction you are heading to. You can also keep track of the distance you can ride before the fuel gets depleted.
Built and design
Zumo 665LM is built with a lot of extra features that make it more unique from the rest of GPS navigation devices. There is a built-in antenna for SiriusXM Satellite Radio that is powerful enough to let you access a number of radio stations as you ride along.
The GPS compact and sturdy design gives it an advantage of using it in any weather conditions and terrain. In fact, the screen display is built to resist fuel spills, ultraviolet rays and it is water-rated to IPXZ.
The Zumo 665LM comes with a powerful planning tool to create the route you will take and then use Google earth to review it. The card expansion makes it easier to share the plan of your routes with your friends
Garmin Zumo 665LM comes in handy with many interesting features to choose from. If you love music while on a trip, this device is a good choice for you.
- Friendly user interface
- Built-in computer to display compass
- Easy to operate
- Crystal clear display
- Too costly
- You need to spend extra money to access the radio
- The screen can be too bright
Buying Guide – Things to Look For When Buying a Motorcycle GPS
That being said, there are numerous motorcycle devices on the market with excellent features that make them suitable for navigation in different parts of the world.
In this article, we are going to discuss what you need to consider when looking for the best motorcycle GPS based on features, purpose, how to use the devices and their benefits.
Why should you use the motorcycle GPS?
You must be having your own reasons why you need the best motorcycle GPS, but whichever the case, these devices have transformed the world navigation to our advantage.
The technology behind motorcycle GPS has made everything easier ranging from monitoring the speed of your motorcycle to determining your precise location as well as calculating the distance you need to travel.
The distance you need to cover is important so that you can easily estimate the cost of your trip and hours you are likely to spend riding the motorcycle to your intended destination.
The use of your motorcycle GPS can help you assess the kind of terrain you are about to traverse. Besides, you can easily point out places of interests (POI) such as recreational facilities and restaurants where you can spend a little more time before proceeding with your trip.
Also, the information contained in the GPS device will enable you to make good progress and improvement in your motor biking.
How the Motorcycle GPS works?
The term GPS stands for Global Positioning System. Just like the usual GPS system, the motorcycle GPS works in sync with the global-positioning-system satellites orbiting the Earth to receive and relay messages from one device to the other.
The GPS device works in conjunction with a number of satellites by checking and comparing data transmitted in real time and position. Therefore, whenever you are using your motorcycle GPS, you are sure of receiving information and your exact location at the same time.
Why can’t you just use your mobile phone instead of a motorcycle GPS?
You can use your mobile telephone in place of a motorcycle GPS but there are constraints to its use while riding a motorbike. As a matter of fact, there are four major reasons why you should never think of using your mobile phone on a motorcycle.
To begin with, your mobile gadget is not waterproof. This implies that if it rains when riding your motorcycle, it will get wet. As a result, rainwater will cause serious damage to your mobile telephone motherboard by creating short circuits.
In the process, you will not be able to use it together with your motorcycle as well as making calls or accessing the internet. Again, it will need to be replaced by another one or get repaired and all these are expenses you do not wish to incur.
The second reason is that your smartphone does not come with mounting options that will enable it to stay firmly in one place while riding the motorbike.
At high speeds, it is likely that the mobile device will drop and get damaged or stop working completely. If it happens this way, you will have problems with navigation because there will be no data to refer to.
Thirdly, your mobile relies majorly on cellular network signal. If your trip goes out of the cellular network coverage, chances are you will not be able to receive any helpful information regarding navigation.
The fourth reason is distractions that come with the usage of mobile phones. You could be tempted to answer to calls (if not using a Bluetooth device for hands-free calls) or read messages while riding along and this is detrimental to your safety.
In most cases, mobile phones have been the main reasons for a number of accidents all over the world due to their distraction nature.
Factors to consider when choosing the best motorcycle GPS
With the advancement of technology, the need for a motorcycle GPS is a requirement rather than an option. You may use your mobile phone to act as a GPS device but is not enough.
The GPS device is way too advanced and adaptable to all navigation activities and hurdles that come along where an ordinary smartphone cannot handle. For that reason, you need to consider the following factors when purchasing your motorcycle GPS:
• Mounting options
This is one of the key factors you should not overlook when selecting the best motorcycle GPS. This option will ensure that the device is firmly mounted in one position and strategically placed so you can have a clear view of the display on the screen.
It is, however, advisable to inquire from the seller if the device you are buying comes with a universal mount. The universal mount is important due to the fact that you can use the same mounting option on various motorcycles.
A universal mount will save you time and money while fixing your motorcycle GPS device on a number of motorbikes.
• Motorcycle GPS features
In order for the motorcycle GPS to function properly, there are features you need to scrutinize so that you are sure of what you need.
Good features determine the functional ability of any product and that is what you need to look out for in a GPS device for your motorcycle. The following features are of great importance in the first place:
User-friendly interface: This the focal point on the device you want to acquire. If you make a wrong choice regarding this feature, you may have problems when operating your GPS gadget.
The menu on the interface should be self-explanatory to make you understand every operation within the shortest time possible.
The Touchscreen: A good touchscreen is defined by its sensitivity to the touch. The screen should be clear and responsive even if you are wearing gloves (of course it is mandatory to wear gloves while riding a motorcycle).
Select a GPS device that has a well-functioning touchscreen to save your time and money.
The volume: The volume from the GPS gadget you intend to fix on your motorcycle should have a crisp and clear sound that you will not strain your ears when trying to make out any information from the device itself.
The sound can save you the agony of spending more time looking at the screen to retrieve important information. Sometimes you need to concentrate on looking ahead to avoid causing accidents.
Sound instructions from the device will save you a lot of time and keep you focused on your course. With Bluetooth enabled helmet, you can easily ride on as you listen to instructions without looking at the display.
Battery life: An extended battery life in a motorcycle GPS means long trips of continuous device operation. However long the trip may be, the battery has to sustain the GPS and that is why devices with long-lasting battery life are recommended.
Make sure that your GPS gadget has a charger at the time of purchase so that you can always keep the battery fully charged on long trips.
Display: The display should be really clear regardless of the prevailing weather conditions. Most of the motorcycle GPS comes with the state of the art anti-glaring screen to help you have a clear view of what is displayed even in bright sunlight.
On top of that, the screens are designed to display crystal clear and bright light that enables you to view images and other relevant information while riding under different weather conditions.
The Size: The motorcycle GPS device needs to be of the right size; not too small or too bulky. With the right size, it is easy to manage the device and it will easily fit on the motorbike when mounted properly.
On the other hand, if the device is too large, it becomes vulnerable to breakage and a hindrance to the dynamic aspect of the motorcycle. For the smaller devices, you may find yourself in a difficult situation to see the tiny information displayed.
In this case, you need to look for a motorcycle GPS that is of average size with good features to make your trip enjoyable and worthwhile.
This feature is very important in the sense that it will keep your device in good working condition despite being subjected to the moisture or rainfall. The best motorcycle GPS is one which comes with waterproofing feature that allows you to ride even in rainy conditions without getting damaged by water.
When selecting your ideal motorcycle device, you should always consider this feature and if possible, let the person selling to you test it to avoid future disappointments. Waterproof GPS items are known to be long-lasting and quite handy in any kind of weather conditions.
• Device Construction
A good device is one which is compact and sturdy. This is recommended because when mounted on the motorcycle, it should withstand frequent vibrations and rough rides that is oblivious to motorbike rides.
In addition to that, the control features including the touchscreen should be ready to withstand all aspects of riding in a windy environment. Therefore, before paying for your motorcycle GPS device to be, you should check that everything on the device is intact and functional.
• Touchscreen with gloves
This feature is important whereby, you will not need to remove gloves when you want to operate the touchscreen. Almost all motorcycle gloves are designed to operate the touchscreen without much of a hassle.
In fact, touchscreens for the motorcycle GPS devices are designed with sensitivity to gloves to save you the time you would waste removing gloves to operate them.
Whenever you are purchasing a GPS gadget for your motorbike, make sure the touchscreen is working perfectly with your gloves.
• Voice navigation
With current cutting-edge technology, most of the latest motorcycle GPS products have voice navigation feature. With voice navigation, you will not waste your time operating the device with your hands.
The inbuilt voice will guide you accordingly as you ride along. As a result, you will be able to keep your hands on your motorcycle controls and concentrate on your trip without much of the distractions.
This feature is effective when the device is connected via Bluetooth enabled helmet that is sold together with your motorbike.
• Headset pairing
Some headsets come when already Bluetooth enabled to pair with your smartphone or the GPS device. Pairing allows you to receive and make hands-free calls as well as listening to voice command from the motorcycle GPS devices.
What are the Benefits of a motorcycle GPS?
A motorcycle GPS has transformed the way navigation is done today. As such you can venture into those regions you are not familiar with, without any worry of getting lost. Apparently, the device comes with several benefits, among them listed below:
Easy installation: The motorcycle GPS is easy to install an independent device from your motorbike. You don’t have to worry about its operation because it works on its own without involving your motorcycle’s engine mechanism. What you need is to read the manual and you are good to go.
Easy to operate: The technology behind a motorcycle GPS makes it easier to operate. Every step has been simplified to allow anyone to use the device with ease.
Compatibility: Most of the motorcycle GPS are designed with compatibility features to help you pair it with smartphones and tablets. You can pair or sync the GPS with the smartphones for easier operation through an app installed in the mobile phone.
The easy way to avoid getting lost: Motorcycles GPS has transformed navigation and you can easily know your position and get to your destination without any hurdle.
Tracking your bike: When mounted on your motorbike, the GPS can help you track it in case of theft.
Storage of data: You can store and retrieve data recorded during your trip using the GPS. This data can help in reviewing your entire journey on a motorcycle.
Safety of your bike: The GPS device can be used to jam your bike and prevent any unauthorized person from starting it. This is a safety mechanism for your motorcycle when you are not using it.
From the information given above, you can decide on the best motorcycle GPS device that can work well for you.
Even though it may depend on its cost, the device you settle for should be of great features to make your riding trip a memorable adventure.
Check Our Other Buyers Guide and Tech List :